The Department of Commerce has been established in the year 2017 when the Patrician College for Women (PCW) was founded. At that time Bachelor of Commerce course was introduced and from this academic session B.Com (Honors) has also been introduced with an aim to create professionals.B.Com (Honors) at PCW equips graduates with the knowledge and technical skills necessary to understand and participate in the modern business world. The course also prepares students for subsequent post graduate studies and allows them to achieve the highest level of success in their professional careers.
The vision envisaged by the department of commerce for the long-term benefit and gain of the students passing from this institute are encompassed and envisioned within the following parameters and aspects
- To create a vibrant centre of learning with innovative ideas and a radical approach.
- To ensure that students are well equipped with knowledge, working acumen and skills derived from a practical and a factual approach rather than a theoretical one.
- To be a success story, a person is required to be honest, have professional integrity, good judgment, a fair outlook so as to operate in the society as a stable capable profitable, productive and just a human being.
To ensure a quality of education at par with the premier institutions of this country, to enumerate standard operating procedures for standardising the template in a uniform manner such that it becomes a guiding beacon both for the faculty as well students.
- To identify genuine talent as well as inculcating a value system by providing them abundant opportunities to understand their potential thereby shaping them as future leaders.
- To identify the key result areas and use them as a milestone for constantly upgrading and improving the quality of education.
- To create a research-oriented environment for the benefit of the faculty as well as the institution.
- To lay down criteria and systems in place for periodical and long-term development of the batches of students passing through the department of commerce.
The department also strives to imbibe strong entrepreneurial capabilities in students so that they are not only job seekers but also job generator.